iOS10, error 14?

Tried updating it, but got error 14. After that, tried restoring it whilst in DFU mode, but also getting error 14.

Any suggestions? 🙂

Accepted Reply

OTA worked perfectly. Guess I needed to install Xcode to prevent error 14.

Replies

how I can install ios10 without McBook , I have only windows

Same here... :-(

Same here. Will keep you updated if I find a fix.

Restore to current iOS and then use the profile to update to iOS 10 worked for me. No xcode for Windows and didn't want to get up to get my mac and download 5-6GB for Xcode.

Did you guys install the Xcode beta? Might make a difference.

I'm installing iOS10 OTA now from a clean 9.x iOS install.

No Xcode beta before. Just restoring my device and the I'll try via OTA.

On the iOS device, navigate to developer.apple.com, go to downloads and download the beta configuration profile. Once the profile is installed, your device will reboot. After the reboot is done, go to Settings > General > Software Update and you'll see the iOS 10 Beta 1.

Restore from itunes looks like it needs the xcode beta installed this time. You could always download the OTA profile direct to your device though if your wanting to get there quicker.

Hmm. So Restoring via iTunes on Windows is not an option this time around? Restoring to 9.3.2 and trying to profile method.

here too, 6sp, SE all error 14

Will try install xcode 8 then restore again

OTA worked perfectly. Guess I needed to install Xcode to prevent error 14.

We posted the following on the Downloads page:

Important: You must have the latest beta version of Xcode 8 installed on your Mac before using a Restore Image to install iOS or tvOS beta software on a device.

please install Xcode 8 beta!