iPhone does not navigate with NAT64 Network

I'm trying to test my iOS application with a IPv6 network as suggested here (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=05042016a)
Unfortunately when I connect the iPhone to the Wifi network shared from my mac, the iPhone doesn't navigate at all.

This is the network configuration

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/792862/File_000.png

Replies

By "doesn't navigate at all" do you mean other apps, such as Safari, also fail to make network connections?

Does the Mac itself connect OK while sharing is enabled?

This is the network configuration

Can’t see anything weird there. The screen shots shows that the device has acquired an IPv4 link-local address (169.254/16) and is using an IPv6 DNS server. This is exactly what I’d expect to see for a device attached to an Internet Sharing-based DNS64/NAT64 test network.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

WWDC runs Mon, 13 Jun through to Fri, 17 Jun. During that time all of DTS will be at the conference, helping folks out face-to-face. http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Although I haven't set up the test IPv6 environment as described, My app rejection appears to be related. The application test by apple failed to resolve a network host name in the test lab. The host does not support IPv6 but DNS in the IPv6 network should perform the necessary translation to find the hosts IPv4 address. That is how the app will function once released and the app does not use any IPv4 specific code, addressing, etc. Strictly domain names.

I would think others are having similar problems. Is there any solution?

~L

To start, I recommend that you read the Supporting IPv6-only Networks pinned post, and specifically the article reference by FAQ #6.

Although I haven't set up the test IPv6 environment as described …

Testing your app on the Internet Sharing-based DNS64/NAT64 is literally step one here. It will flush out a lot (but not all, alas) DNS64/NAT64 compatibility problems. You should do that now.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Did you solve the problem with NAT64 internet sharing?

I'd configured it as described, connected my iPhone to newly created network but nor the my app nor Safari/Chrome can't open any URL…

in Console.app i see a lots of 'NSURLSessionTask finished with error - code: -1001' (timeout) errors.

on Mac the internet connection working well, iPhone got an IPv6 adresses and router address is a Mac's one, but iPhone can't communicate at all…

UPD: if i just switching off the checkmark 'Create NAT64 Network' - the internet on iPhone (via Mac's shared wifi network) become working.

UPD2:

macOS version 10.12.4 (16E195)

iOS version 10.3.1 (14E304)

checked on several different iPhones with same iOS version. same issue.

I am experiencing the same phenomenon.

Are there improvements in troubleshooting?

Nope. I just used collegue's macbook for test an app…

Do you see an IPv6 only DNS server configured while you're on the NAT64 network?

If so, are you able to resolve DNS names and receive synthesized IPv6 addresses (RFC 7050)?

-Matt