Can't add localization for a project

I have an Xcode project where in the project's Info pane, under "Localizations", there is an empty list, with the text "This project has not been localized".

I click the + button and select "Finnish (fi)" from the drop-down menu. This launches a dialog "Choose files and reference language to create Finnish localization". The list is empty. I click on the "Finish" button.

Nothing happens. No localization is added to the Localizations list. It still says "This project has not been localized".

If I select a file and click on the "Localize..." button in the File Inspector, it simply shows a dialog telling me to do the above. Which does absolutely nothing.

If I select "Use Base Internationalization" from the project's Info pane, it shows the same empty file list dialog, and when I click on the "Finish" button, it deselects again the "Use Base Internationalization" tickbox. Obviously no language has appeared in the Localizations list.

This was so with Xcode 7.0, and is still so in Xcode 7.1 and Xcode 7.2 beta. (I think, although I'm not completely sure, that this was also so with Xcode 6.x.)

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. I have no "fi.lproj" or "en.lproj" directories anywhere in the project's directory structure, nor can I see anything else that could be messing Xcode up. It's probably something in the Xcode project file itself, but that's pretty much an inscrutable gigantic xml mess.

Replies

Did you solve this? I have same problem.

You can create a new project, goto info -> Localizations click "+" button,select a language,then in your source file folder will have a new sub folder end with ".lproj" add this folder to your old project.