Unpairing

The ExternalAccessory framework gives us showBluetoothAccessoryPickerWithNameFilter which provides a list of accessories to connect to. I'm using that with good results to pair an accessory.

I am looking for the ability to let the users of my app unpair from a connected accessory. I hunted through the ExternalAccessory framework and couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

These are Bluetooth Classic devices, not BLE.

Accepted Reply

Currently, the only way to unpair a Bluetooth accessory is by the user to manually "forget" it in Bluetooth Settings.

This is a security measure and there is no workaround for it. It prevents apps and other accessories from spoofing an existing accessory by unpairing and "re-pairing" themselves without the users' knowledge.

Replies

Currently, the only way to unpair a Bluetooth accessory is by the user to manually "forget" it in Bluetooth Settings.

This is a security measure and there is no workaround for it. It prevents apps and other accessories from spoofing an existing accessory by unpairing and "re-pairing" themselves without the users' knowledge.

Is there any update on this functionality in the latest releases?

I am also trying to figure out on this. Is there any latest update?