Membership in Women Who Code counts as STEM?

I'm a professional software developer that's a member of my local chapter of Women Who Code. Does that count as membership in a STEM organization? Also, how do I prove membership? This local chapter is on a meetup page. Would I take a screenshot of my member profile on the meetup page? Do I list the name of the Organizer for that meetup as "proof" of my membershp? Thanks for your help in answering my question! 🙂

Accepted Reply

A STEM organization can be any organization that actively promotes the learning of science, technology, engineering, or math outside of a school curriculum.

Replies

According to the guidelines, you can provide a PNG or PDF of your membership information, so that should do. You will also need to provide contact information so that Apple can verify your membership. (Not an Apple Employee). Good luck with your entry!

I have a similar question. I'm a member of a local FabLab association that is part of the italian FabLab network. Can it be considered a STEM organization?

A STEM organization can be any organization that actively promotes the learning of science, technology, engineering, or math outside of a school curriculum.