Application not recognized by Game Center when running new version on Xcode

I have a Game Center turnbasedmatch game. Today I have received the following error for my Xcode-deployed app version, 1.2.08(1).

localPlayer.autheticateHandler error: Optional(Error Domain=GKErrorDomain Code=15 "The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center.})

The local player would not authenticate and all GC features thus did not work.

When I dial my app's version back to 1.2.07(4), the version currently also on the App Store, the Xcode deployed app does authenticate the local player. Things work again.

This has not been a problem in the past. Has anyone else seen this and know the workaround? It would be good to be able to test new versions of the app with its future correct version number.

Replies

You're not alone - just started happening to me. I'm using Test Flight (which rocks), but now the same code which was running just fine yesterday, now fails with the app no being recognized. I suspect an Apple issue?

Which OS was the current store version built with?

After uploading my new version to iTunes Connect, the Xcode version now was recognized. I also submitted for review, though I'm not sure if it needs to be submitted in order for the Xcode version to be recognized.

Hey there - our async apps also have spontaneously decided to become unrecognized by Game Cennter. Seems to vary from day to day - sometimes all is well, sometimes, GC just rejects the app, won't load matches, calls the game 'unrecognized', etc.

We haven't changed anything with our certificates / profiles / entitlements, etc., - nothing is expired, and indeed we haven't even rebuilt the executable/bundle.

Would love to have a word from Apple, it seems like things have decided to sporadically flake out on the back end...

Dave Burke

Hemisphere Games.

I've absolutely had this issue, everything will be working perfectly fine in the morning then in the afternoon we get 'The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center'.

Doing a full rebuild doesn't seem to matter, rebooting the device doesn't matter, also if its occuring on one device it will be occuring on all devices even if they are using a build that previously worked. This affects simulator builds as well as device builds.

Usually when this happens waiting a day seems to be the only fix. It's been happening probably once a week for at least the last month.

-Chad

Upon examing the game center logs from the device this whole thing seems to be the result of a request to ...

https://service.gc.apple.com/WebObjects/GKProfileService.woa/wa/bgInit

Which returns a plist that contains the status 5019 'no game matching descriptor', of course our game is registered on itunes connect. So its not clear to me where to venture next on this issue.

-Chad

Sooo.... I've been getting the same error almost every day. I solve the issue by simply adding (or removing) a leaderboard or achievement in iTunes Connect. My game is currently in development so I REALLY hope this doesnt happen when Apple knows my app is submitted for review.

You're right, adding/removing leaderboard and/or achievements in iTunesConnect solves the problem, but it also happens on apps that are live on the AppStore...Apple needs to fix this ASAP.

I have fixed it for myself using jkritikos' way. But Apple does need to fix this as this is not a local issue but it affects from what I can tell the entire appstore.

azelaya's way absolutely works. All devices suddently can't connect to gamecenter for my game. Changing leaderboards in itunes connect fixes instantly.

I had the same problem as you guys, but for me the problem isnt there anymore for the last 3 weeks. Perhaps Apple have solved it now?

I recently ran into this error message and I just needed to find a buried little switch in iTunes Connect and flip it on. Here's a pic of where the switch can be found:

https://i.imgtc.com/uMVWDpZ.png

Hi!

I run the same error currently. The application is not yet on production and on simulator when I try to find a match i have this error

Domain=GKErrorDomain Code=15 "The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center." UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5019, NSLocalizedDescription=The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center., NSUnderlyingError=0x6040001a9110 {Error Domain=GKServerErrorDomain Code=5019 "status = 5019, no game matching descriptor: ios:myBundleID:1.0:1+-1" UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5019, NSLocalizedFailureReason=status = 5019, no game matching descriptor: ios:myBundleID:1.0:1+-1}}}

I check my bundle id on app store connect and it's the same as bundle id set on my project. Cannot find a solution to test Game Center on my app on development or via a build made with Testflight.

On Device, i have this error but not in moment when i launch to find a match but when GKTurnBasedMatchmakerViewController is displayed at the screen.

There is a solution for this ?

Thanks.