An App ID with Identifier 'XX.XX' is not available. Please enter a different string.

It is my app id I use.And i want to add Apple Pay to my App, And It just show me App ID is No avelable.I have delete all my profile certificates in my mac.And I can Reset Them.

Replies

Deleting the provisioning profiles is just step 1. After that you have to create a new one IN the member center! Dont let xcode create it for you as I believe thats the problem people are having. To create a provisioning profile in the member center hit the plus button on the top right of the provisioning profile page. Assign the app ID of th e app you want to run to that provisioning profile when asked. Then when the provisioning profile ims completed, click on it and click download. Then go to your downloads and click on the provisioning profile, this should open xcode. Then, go to your xcode prefrences and in the account tab click on options, or a gear maybe (i cant remember what it looks like and im not at my comp to check). Then on the bottom left of the popup it should say "download all" click that and you should see your provisimoning profile that you just created popup. That should solve th e issues you are having! Remember to make sure that your apps bundleid and the bundleid that you assigned your manually created provisioning profile are the same!

Also, in the provisioning profile page in the member center your provisioning profile should say "active", if it says "active managed by xcode" then you have to delete it and manually create it again.

hope this helps! I was struggling with this for 2 days 😟

I was fighting 2 days. I had to downgrade to 7.2 to make it work again. I hope this is fixed soon!

Summarising a lot of previous posts, I found this StackOverflow article:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20565565/an-app-id-with-identifier-is-not-available-please-enter-a-different-string

Eugene Dubinin's answer solved my issue. Expanding on what he describes, the steps that fixed it were quite simple:

* Log into Member Center and go to the Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles section.

* Towards the bottom on the left click on "All" under "Provisioning Profiles".

* If your problem is the same as mine you'll see that some have warning triangles and are described as "Invalid" and "Managed by XCode".
* Only the "iOS Development" Type items were of interest to me. I expanded the details of each and took screenshots for caution, then deleted them all.

* I replaced each one with a new iOS App Development profile - in my case, I added one as a wildcard, and one for the problematic app. I gave them useful names - e.g. "Wildcard Provisioning", adding them to all my iOS devices.
* I downloaded a copy for safety using the Download button at the last stage of addition, but that's not needed, it turns out.

* In XCode, I opened Preferences, Accounts tab, selected my Apple ID on the left, selected my team on the right (which is only me, in this case), clicked on "View Details...".

* The sheet that opens lists provisioning profiles. You should see your new items, with "Download" buttons. As soon as I clicked on the one for my problematic app, I could see the warnings going away in the XCode project that was open behind the settings window.

It all seems to be working now.

This seems to be broken as of Xcode 7.3. Previously Xcode was able to manage profiles automatically. If you did not have matching profiles, a profile with prefix "XC: " or "XC Ad Hoc: " would be created. Now it's broken. You need to manually create Ad Hoc and App Store profiles for your app via developer portal for Organizer export/submission to work.

Last week, I encountered this problem when submitting a TVOS build. I hit the problem when pressing the blue "Send to AppStore" button in organiser.

The misleading "Id not available" had me switching IDs, then manually re-building provisioning profiles.

After some hours I eventially got builds to submit to iTunes connect. (for testing)

Today, I came to submitting an iOS build. And hit the exact same roadblock. The projects are virtually identical. Everything should work.

The problem seems to be something breaking during the signing process.

Update. Which was interesting.

I had a working TVOS build. but my iOS build was producing the "App ID with Identifier" message.

I reverted to Xcode 7.2 - and tried again, this almost worked, but Xcode spotted a Info.plist error (In my case, I needed to tick FullScreen UI)

I ticked it, and Xcode dutifully uploaded to iTC.

This got me thinking... What if that was the error all the time?

It tried again with Xcode 7.3 and it worked.

EDIT:

The implication is that a number of failure cases in the signing process will result in this error message.

Worked for me. Thanks a lot 🙂

For those banging their heads on the wall trying to solve this issue...

While deleting and recreating all of the profiles in the Apple Developer's Member Center works for some (which I tried), the only thing that worked for me is:

Downgrade from Xcode 7.3 to 7.2.1

Thank you for your suggestion. That fixed up the problem I was seeing.

Excellent answer. You added some detail that wasn't in the original. VERY helpful. Just deleted the one problematic profile and added a new one for the app and it works fine. Thanks a million. I owe both you and the OP beers! 🙂

why the member center is not letting me download certificate??

notice: i dont pay for developer account

Worked for me too!

I had this problem, and looked here for the solution. I fixed it by doing this.

Go to App -> Build Settings, then go down to Code Signing. Mine was set to IOS Developer. I changed it to IOS DISTRIBUTION, and it validated and uploaded successfully.

~ Jay

This can also be fixed by upgrading to Xcode 7.3.1

I am on Xcode 7.3.1 and had a different problem. The member center was telling me that I couldn't add the App ID, but when I went into "App IDs," the app ID showed up. I deleted the ones that were created even though it told me they wern't, tried creating an App Id again, and it worked!