Automator Action in app bundle has Invalid Signature error.

I have a Mac app. It has Automator Actions bundled in the app. The app was successfully submitted to the Mac App Store in November 2015. I have not changed anything in how the Automator Actions are copied into the app bundle and code signed since then. When I submit the app now, I get an error:

Invalid Signature - The main app bundle Sound Studio at path Sound Studio.app has following signing error(s): invalid signature (code or signature have been modified) In subcomponent: [path to subcomponent] . Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide at [URL] and Technical Note 2206 at [URL] for more information.

Is anyone else getting this error? Or at least, does anyone bundle Automator Actions in their app? Did something change in how Mac App Store uploads are checked?

Replies

Might have something to do with Apple's cert expiring last month...

-=-

There is a support page here, complete with a new cert (expires 2023) download link:

https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

Download, then double click to install to your keychain.

Run Keychain Access to confirm and be sure to delete expired certs (in some cases delete first) while you're in there.

Also: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/37208

-=-

From Apple -

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the community and apologies for the issues you’ve been having. This issue stems from having a copy of the expired WWDR Intermediate certificate in both your System and Login keychains. To resolve the issue, you should first download and install the new WWDR intermediate certificate(by double-clicking on the file). Next, in the Keychain Access application, select the System keychain. Make sure to select “Show Expired Certificates” in the View menu and then delete the expired version of the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificate (expired on February 14, 2016). Your certificates should now appear as valid in Keychain Access and be available to Xcode for submissions to the App Store.

-=-