existing app id identifier not available

I'm using the new XCode Version 7.3 (7D175) and am trying to update an existing app that I have updated many times. XCode Organizer's "Upload to App Store" is giving me the error An App ID with Identifier 'com.foo.bar' is not available. But it is available. It's in my developer profile. It's in iTunes Connect. I just created a new version in iTunes connect. I was able to upload a new version a few minutes ago but it failed validation because I had disabled iCloud. Now I re-enabled iCloud and tried again and now I'm getting this error.

Replies

I changed the code signing identity to my distribution identity from iPhone developer and my provisioning profile to the com.foo.bar provisioning profile and now it's working.

We are having the same issue since updating to XCode 7.3 (7D175)

We've tried all the suggestions here and on StackOverflow (including the Try Again button!).

Creating a new App ID

Deleting and reinstalling provision profiles

Manually editing Info.plist with the bundle identifier

Clean project

Fix Issue button

Adding a GameCenter capability in XCode

Re-launching XCode after each change

Setting Team to None, then picking the Team when prompted

Archive and export an adhoc build (we get: 'none of the valid provisioning profiles allowed the specified entitlements' error).

Still no luck getting rid of this error. We are close to reverting back to XCode 7.2.

Anybody have any suggestions?

We are having the same issue also.

Same here ...

Same here...

I was able to workaround this issue by creating new provisioning profiles of type "iOS Distribution" for each App-ID which is used in the app. For some reason profiles with a wildcard AppID don't work any longer.

So I had to create one for the main App and another one for the embedded today widget.

Is this supposed to be like this?

Dirk

Was facing the same issue with Xcode 7.3

I deleted derived data for the project under

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

and it worked!

I had this error and I literally tried everything I could find on Stack Overflow.

Eventually I downgraded to 7.2.1 and the validation suceeded first time. I suspect a problem or change with Xcode 7.3.

I gave this one a try but to no avail

Downgraded to 7.2.1 too, ALL working fine now.

Quality control at Apple seems to be in the basement.

It seems that every release brings new issues or breaks something that was stable before.

This is not what we have come to expect, I hope that we don't have to get used to this.

Perhaps this 'feature' caused the problem:

Accounts in Xcode preferences enables you to generate Developer IDs for enterprise developers. For information on the steps needed, see Creating Signing Identities in App Distribution Guide.

It looks like other Profiling type functions broke too: e.g.

Creation of AppGroups within Xcode.

Does anyone know an official / clean source where we can download Xcode 7.2.1? I hadn't update recently so I dont have a copy on my time capsule.

If you go to https://developer.apple.com/downloads/ and sign in you can download 7.2.1. I'm in the process of doing that to see if it fixes the issue for us.