An App ID with Identifier 'XX.XX' is not available. Please enter a different string.

It is my app id I use.And i want to add Apple Pay to my App, And It just show me App ID is No avelable.I have delete all my profile certificates in my mac.And I can Reset Them.

Replies

I can understand your confusion with this. An App ID is not the same thing as a bundle idenfier (com.yourcompany.appname), and it has nothing to do with your certificates. App IDs are basically the registration documents that link your bundle identifier to services like iTunes Connect. Xcode will automatically create them for you and set them up when you start enabling anything that requires a provisioning profile (like Apple Pay), and it's running into trouble.

Try logging into the Member Center to see if you have already created the App ID or a similar one; you can delete unnecessary ones and try creating them again. If you can't fix the problem from within the Member Center, it's probably time to contact Apple for help.

I'm having the same problem, but in this case it's with apps that have been around for ages, no changes. So far I've only seen this with the latest Xcode 7.3 beta so perhaps they are related. Unclear.

When I go back and try Xcode 7.2, it works fine. I filed a bug against 7.3 for this issue.

I have the same problem with xCode 7.3. Have you a solution for this issue?

Same here. Problem with Xcode 7.3

Same issue, just updated to xcode 7.3, get the error message "An App ID with identifier 'com.company.product' is not available. Please enter a different string" Have been able to upload to app store for months on old xcode. Have tried recreating all certificates and provisioning profiles. Have not tried to recreate the app id.

Fixed my issue by deleting the Entitlements file from the build and code signing configuration

Can you elaborate? Were these files automatically recreated for you?

It only happened on Xcode 7.3 and maybe 7.2, let's try version 7.2.1 it's work for me.

Yep. Thank you - that worked for me.

I was able to resolve this by going to the Member Center and nuking my provisioning profiles and creating them there. Then going into Xcode's Preferences and into my account and refreshing/downloading them. Then everything started working again. Fun!

Worked for me, thank you so much!

Same problem here. Deleted all provisions from member center, deleted the entiltments but still get the same message. Any other ideas?

Yes, I got the exact same error.

Could somebody please help me in how I should solve this error?

Thanks, it worked for me 🙂