Unable to post

I'm unable to post to this discussion, I keep getting "Message contains invalid characters" error message. Anyone else?

Replies

I'm also having this problem and with no indication of what the offending problem is, I'm getting very frustrated

edit: For what it's worth, I figured out the problem I was having. Apparently the post box doesn't like memory addresses, ie 0x608000 plus 0179 will complain if the word "plus" isn't in there

I think it is more than just memory addresses.

I am trying to post a debug dump into a topic and am not having any luck. I even tried replacing ALL of the 0's with O's!

This is VERY frustrating becuase the debug dump will definitely help for the topic I am posting in.

Pls. don't do full dumps unless requested. Frequently, only the first couple dozen lines are sufficient, thanks.

>I think it is more than just memory addresses.

White space, one-eight hundred phone numbers, long strings...it's all about trying to stop spam, but it's too little, too late and counter-productive when it hurts legitimate comments more than it stops spammers.

i am having the same problem, but I am only trying to post two hand-typed sentences. I've even removed all of the punctuation, tried just entering one word and tried pastebin per another forum suggestion. SUPER frustrating!!!

what are the rules about this? so many people frustrated and still not resolved and not pointed out what are the rules

Same here, and it's getting really annoying.

I have been trying to submit a new post on the developper forum for hours now. Always the same "The message contains invalid characters." warning, without any information of its cause. Even though my message contains absolutely no numbers, nor special characters, and have been written with my hands and keyboard (no copy paste whatsoever).

I tried deleting all punctuation, or even the capital letters without any result.

I'm having the same problem. My message contained the name of an accessibility API constant, with the standard two capital letters that form the standard two character prefix. I will try again without the prefix characters, although that means most searches will miss it.

I'm having this problem today. Is it something that comes and goes?

Oh, sure, this post ... posted, just not the one I really want.

Yes I'm seeing this, and I've stripped down my post to just the essentials.