New Mac - suddenly 'Invalid Provisioning Profile Signature'

Hi,

I just moved my dev system from my old to my brand new Mac (yay!) by the sheer expedience of connecting and booting from the external drive that this system is on.

I now tried to validate a Mac app for submission to the MAS, onyl to be told that (I removed the bundle in the message below for brevity)

"iTunes Store operation failed.

Unable to process application at this time due to the following error: Invalid Provisioning Profile Signature. Thre provisioning profile included in the bundle <removed> cannot be used to submit apps to the Mac App Store until it has a valid signature from Apple. For more information, visit the Mac OS Developer Portal.. (yup, two periods at the end)"

Now, I'm aware that since the last time I successfully validated an app on the old mac (feb 6th) and now, we've also crossed the Feb 14 magic certificate line, so this may contribute to the issue.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my new Mac to validate my apps successfully? I can't make heads nor tails from the error message and don't understand why this suddenly doesn't work any more.

Thanks for any help,

-ch

Accepted Reply

I have the new certificate...and I still get this error when pushing updates with apps that have "automatic" set as the provisioning profile. I'm able to get it going, by creating a provisioning profile manually and manually setting it in build settings.

Replies

Have you tried installing the new intermediate certificate yet? Here are the directions:

WWDR Intermediate Certificate Expiration Update

>I can't make heads nor tails from the error message and don't understand why this suddenly doesn't work any more.

About that...

There is a support page here, complete with a new cert (expires 2023) download link:

https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

Download, then double click to install to your keychain.

Run Keychain Access to confirm and be sure to delete expired certs (in some cases delete first) while you're in there.

Also: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/37208

-=-

From Apple -

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the community and apologies for the issues you’ve been having. This issue stems from having a copy of the expired WWDR Intermediate certificate in both your System and Login keychains. To resolve the issue, you should first download and install the new WWDR intermediate certificate(by double-clicking on the file). Next, in the Keychain Access application, select the System keychain. Make sure to select “Show Expired Certificates” in the View menu and then delete the expired version of the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificate (expired on February 14, 2016). Your certificates should now appear as valid in Keychain Access and be available to Xcode for submissions to the App Store.

-=-

I have the new certificate...and I still get this error when pushing updates with apps that have "automatic" set as the provisioning profile. I'm able to get it going, by creating a provisioning profile manually and manually setting it in build settings.

As it turns out, there were some extensive changes with Feb 14th. My certificate was still valid, but since this app was in the App store for years, we never created a provisioning profile before, and let the wildcard provision for us. This, seemingly does no longer work, and we now need to create a provisioning profile for each our application manually (or perhaps XCode can do this, but I did not find a way to make it do it). SO as Mucho Macho 🙂 above kindly stated, anually adding a provisioning profile was the way to resolve this.

Thanks to all you guys for chipping in, it really helped to know that we have such a great community!

-ch

I have just encountered this issue. My certificates were valid and the same app had previously been uploaded without any errors from the same machine. The resolution for me was going to Xcode Preferences, choosing the accounts tab and clicking on download manual profiles. I am still using managed profile in my target.

• @wagger Did you need to rearchive after that?

• Just had the same issue. Delete the distribution certification from Apple Developer and allow the system to automatically recreate it during signing/upload.

Add a Comment