Stuck at boot screen after updating to iOS 9.3

Summary:

After updating from iOS 9.2.1 beta to iOS 9.3 beta, the system stuck at boot screen and can't enter the system.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Safari and download iOS 9.3 Configuration Profile

2. The system required my iPad to restart after installing the configuration profile

3. Updating to iOS 9.3 in setting page after restart.

4. Boot screen was shown and can't enter the system. After a few minutes, the screen changed to blue and black then restart again. It loops again and again.

Here's my iPad's configuration: iPad Mini 2 / 32G Wifi Modal (A1489)

Accepted Reply

If that doesn't work and your iPad is still stuck in a boot-loop then you'll have to put it into DFU mode and restore it via iTunes. There are different methods for success with this, depending on exactly where in the boot process it's stuck, but Method 1 works in most cases:

Method 1)

• Attach the iPad to the pc
  • Turn the iPad off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the computer beeps as a USB device is recognized (or until the restore starts).
  • At no point should the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.

Method 2)

• Hook up the iPad powered on to the computer with the iPad on
  • Now hold home / power until the iPad turns off and keep holding for 10 seconds. If the iPad ever turns on during this phase,start over and hold for less time.
  • Now release power and continue holding home until the computer recognizes the iPad.

Method 3)

• Attach the iPad to the pc
  • Turn the iPad off
  • Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on.

-Max.

Replies

I am having the exact same problem and I have spoken to Apple already.

Normally they wouldn't want to help you because we are on a beta program however he was nice and had a look into this.

The problem is that your 9.2. backup has already been touched or "infected" with iOS 9.3 so there is absolutely no way to restore from 9.2 back up even 9.2 is running.

I am going mental because of this!

This happen to me with iPad 3. I cannot even shut the darn thing off. It keep on rebooting and won't allow me to turn it off.

Should I let the battery drain down and start from there? It's a full charge but I can't do anything with it as it's stuck on the Apple Screen and it won't turn off.

Got this problem with iOS 9.3 Beta 1 on both my iPad Air, and iPhone 5. Tought that iOS 9.3 Beta 3 would resolve the issue, but NO! First time I get that much problems with a Beta release. Apple, what are doing here? QA is getting sloppy (by the way, got problems with El Captain upgrade with an all new Macbook Retina 2015 also)!

that would be Beta, not Beta 3 :-)

I drained the battery down to nil, and when I plugged it in it started normally but is painfully slow.

This is an absolutely unexpected answer from apple. I can't believe they even said that.

I've been using a blank iphone and my old ipod touch since several weeks ago. How is your phone now? Have you found a way around?

I'm getting furious at this ios 9.

Several days ago, after apple unveiled ios 9.3 public beta 2, I thought there could finally be a way out of the frustration since this problem was so obvious and stupid. I was dead wrong once again. The entire thing happened again when I rebooted my machine, the apple logo never disappeared. I tried to fall back and restore again, and no surprise again, failed again.

Thou shalt not have faith in today's apple.

I cannot even install the 9.3 beta. After I download and install the profile, I restart as requested and check for updates. No updates, it keeps saying that I am up to date. Iphone 6 IOS 9.2.1 currently.

Same problem for me with 9.3 Beta 2 and Beta 3. Stuck in reboot loop, had to restore again..

MAX - need your help on this one! Restored via iTunes, and then restored backup via

iTunes, but still in infinite loop boot sequence. Tried restoring from iCloud, and it runs

for about 5-10 min with slight progress bar, and then fails to restore.

When I restored the phone from iTunes with no backup restore, it works ok,

but then Cannot Restore Backup.... will not restore my backup from either

the iTunes or iCloud. Need help to figure out how to restore my backup.

Tried older iCloud backup from a few weeks ago that had worked before

on 9.3.1 but now with 9.3 beta 3 it is not working.

Carl

Feb. 14, 2016 Update.

I got iOS 9.3 beta 3 and went for the option of "set up as new iphone" this time. Then I tried to reboot it, success.

But I CAN'T RESTORE any of my icloud backups that were made on ios 9.2 or 9.3. It simply says: "Could not back up" on my screen without further details.

iOS 9.3 beta 3 won't even let me start restoring so I tried iOS 9.3 beta 2 once again. Hey guess what? My phone got stuck halfway so I tried tentatively to reboot it. Then it went into this dead loop again. Haha I knew this. Why did I even think of this in the beginning?!

My iPad Pro and iPhone 6s Plus had the same problem first had to disable fire wall then placed them in DFU mode if that doesn't work try recovery mode.

Awesome! This really sorted me out! After upgrading my 6S to 9.3, it brought a blackscreen, I tried a hard reset with little success. After following the steps above, I was able to restore my iphone. Thank you