Can not choose Xcode in Server App - "You must agree to the terms..."

I just updated to Xcode 7.2.1 on our buildserver (OSX 10.10.5). But when I choose Xcode in the Server app (5.0.15) I get an error telling me:

"You must agree to the terms of the Xcode software license agreement. Launch Xcode again and agree to the software agreement,..."

But when I start Xcode there is no license dialog. Also agreeing on the command line using "sudo xcodebuild -license" does not make the problem go away.

Any sugestions?

Tropper

Accepted Reply

Since checkFirstLaunchStatus with sudo returned 69 I launched Xcode with sudo too:

`sudo /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode`

This launched Xcode with license agreement prompt and after agreeing, everything went fine.

Replies

We're having this too. Reinstalled everything, rebooted everything, deleted package receipts, all that. Nothing helps.

Same for me - seem to be screwed up...

Same here. Just spent hours trying to get El Capitan + OS X Server + Xcode 7.2.1 to work together!

Apple are you listening?

Same issue here...

sudo /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcscontrol --initialize

did the trick for me.

I'm not really sure what it does, so if you wanna be on the safe side you should wait for a response from Apple!

EDIT: It's still not working: the buildserver is running, I see the jobs/bots. But the job is hanging on "Archiving - Exporting installable product" no matter what I try. :-/

Tropper

Since checkFirstLaunchStatus with sudo returned 69 I launched Xcode with sudo too:

`sudo /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode`

This launched Xcode with license agreement prompt and after agreeing, everything went fine.

SOLVED! <3

Can you please run `sudo xcrun xcsdiagnose` and attach the tar file that is produced to a radar?

In my case it's too late for that, solved all my issues already.

We also had this exact same problem. The 'sudo /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode' trick did finally gave us the accept license agreement dialog.

I just did, #24532189

I did this, and the next time I tried selecting Xcode in the XcodeServer I got the message that I needed to select a newer version of Xcode. I quit OS X server tried again and it worked this time. I only have Xcode 7.2.1 installed so I am not sure why I got that message. But it did work in the end.

I tried this on my system and got a stack dump before it hung, ctrl-C got me back to a prompt. This Xcode.app came was copied form the .dmg downloaded from the developer downloads page. I've been working for 2-days and have tried everything in this thread so far to get my Server (ver 5.0.15) to work with this update. Nothing.