Xcode 7 - can not create local repository, commit files.

I have downloaded and installed Xcode 7.0b (7A120f), and created new project with the Source control - Create Git repository on.

However, after the project is created I see the local branch is missing and I can not commit files ("Commit files" does nothing).

What has been noted:

1. When Xcode is started the following error is presented: Couldn’t communicate with a helper application.

2. When I open the Source control - Commit, I can see "Loading remotes..." (should be "No Remotes Available").

PS: Xcode 6 is working fine wit git (git version 2.3.7 (Apple Git-57)).

Will be glad for any help to fix it.

Replies

Same here - cannot access remote Git repository. Plus, when I go into Xcode 7 "Preferences -> Accounts", the repository entries that existed for my projects under Xcode 6.3.2 are either corrupted or not present, and, if I so much as select any of them, Xcode 7 crashes.

Have not tried a clean install of Xcode 7 as I both of my development machines have 6.3.2 installed.

I think we are stuck waiting for a fix. I have submitted a bug report, however.

Ditto - Problem occurred on Xcode 7 beta 1 and continues to be an issue on Xcode 7 beta 2 (7A121l). Running OS X 10.10.3

Still the same problem in XCode 7 b3

same problem in XCode 7 beta 5

This happened to me in the GM but I found this on and it worked for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14694662/xcode-and-git-source-control-the-working-copy-xxxxx-failed-to-commit-files

The bug is still present in the release version of Xcode 7.0, as well as 7.1 Beta 1.

Awsome Jay, this helped me too. Thanks for sharing 😉

You have to tell "git" your email address and user name:

1. Open “terminal”
  2. xcrun git config --global user.email your_email@email.com
  3. xcrun git config --global user.name user_name

I have tried this and several variants, including using --local instead of --global, all to no avail....

feeling very frustrated *argggghhhhh*

setting these in terminal worked for me..

git config --global user.email "you@example.com"

git config --global user.name "Your Name"