Stuck at boot screen after updating to iOS 9.3

Summary:

After updating from iOS 9.2.1 beta to iOS 9.3 beta, the system stuck at boot screen and can't enter the system.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Safari and download iOS 9.3 Configuration Profile

2. The system required my iPad to restart after installing the configuration profile

3. Updating to iOS 9.3 in setting page after restart.

4. Boot screen was shown and can't enter the system. After a few minutes, the screen changed to blue and black then restart again. It loops again and again.

Here's my iPad's configuration: iPad Mini 2 / 32G Wifi Modal (A1489)

Accepted Reply

If that doesn't work and your iPad is still stuck in a boot-loop then you'll have to put it into DFU mode and restore it via iTunes. There are different methods for success with this, depending on exactly where in the boot process it's stuck, but Method 1 works in most cases:

Method 1)

• Attach the iPad to the pc
  • Turn the iPad off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the computer beeps as a USB device is recognized (or until the restore starts).
  • At no point should the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.

Method 2)

• Hook up the iPad powered on to the computer with the iPad on
  • Now hold home / power until the iPad turns off and keep holding for 10 seconds. If the iPad ever turns on during this phase,start over and hold for less time.
  • Now release power and continue holding home until the computer recognizes the iPad.

Method 3)

• Attach the iPad to the pc
  • Turn the iPad off
  • Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on.

-Max.

Replies

Same issue here on iPad 2. My iPhone 6S update worked just fine, but on the iPad, just a loop and not getting past the Apple logo over and over again.

Just going to restore to 9.2 backup.

Did you try today's beta (Jan 14)...? Might help cure install issues.

I tried installing the public beta ota on the ipad 2 and it got stuck at apple logo with the status bar below.Tried to update/restore it from itunes, itunes downloaded the 9.2 to install, but stuck at waiting for ipad after verifying with apple. the ipad 2 continues to be stuck at apple logo with the status bar below not moving.

Any suggestions to recover is appreciated.

After several attempts, Method 1 worked on my iPod 5G. Thanks for the help & not using betas for a while now.

Mémé soucis avec IPhone 5S et mini iPad 2

Same trouble. iPad Air. Looks like Apple's fatal bug )

The same thing happened on my iphone 6 plus (128G). I tried 2 times to get the first public beta of ios 9.3 on my device. In the first time, it was stuck on the apple logo and never woke up to see the new os. I reset the phone and restored from icloud, then installed ios 9.3 two day later, succeeded at first, so I got to see the new ios on my machine. Then i tried to reboot it. The same reboot loop happened just like the first time.

Now I have to kill the hardware again and reincarnate as ios 9.2 and go through once more that long-lasting ******* of downloading 90G of data on wifi.

same problem: apple screen of dead apple... my ipad 3 is now in recovery mode...hopefully it will work again and i'll be able to access it to know what went wrong, but can't access bug reporter without paying devlopper fees it seems, so your bugreporter is useless if you're just a beta tester (=broken ipad without any service)

Got same problem with iPad Air, and now with iPhone 5. Had to restore my iPad (Method 1), and restore all my app from iCloud/App store. A pain with nearly 90G in apps! Will have to do the same with my iPhone since I don't have a backup in iTunes either. Argggg Apple QA!

And also loss many apps in the process of downloading my apps from the app store on my iPad Air. Apple just changed its policy on apps that have been removed from the App Store. They don't show in your Buying list anymore, and can't be installed again ... unless you have a physical copy of them. Again, good work Apple!

I had a bit faith in apple and thought the first two times are mere accidents so I gave it another try. Now this is the third time this ios blanked out my iphone.

You guys literally have no idea how immature the software that you are rolling out is. Given that laggy buggy 9.2, I am really disappointed by this entire ios and its developing team.

One more ... PROBLEM

I rolled back to 9.2 (the current stable and latest ios). My iphone 6 is stuck at the screen "Restore from iCloud/ Time remaining: estimating". First I thought that was a wifi problem at home. Started over the whole thing at my work place, same issue.

I can't get a new ios and I can't restore my data on ios 9.2. Now what, dear Apple?

Also make sure the device is registered in your dev account

you're updating from one beta to another beta, what do you expect?

tether into your dev machine and reinstall from itunes

First, sorry for my bad englisch. It looks like the TSMC Processor in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus ist the Problem. I found a Post in the german iFun.de Comunity and a User with the TSMC Processor had the same Problem but his other iPhone 6s with the Samsung Processor is working fine. I hopte thet Apple finds and fixes the Problem