iOS 9.2 Unable to install managed app from MDM

After upgrading to iOS 9.2 managed apps are failing to install. We are seeing the following error message in the device logs:

12/9/15, 1:53:07 PM mdmd[661]: (Note ) MDM: App “[app.bundle.name]” state changed from Prompting to Failed.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Accepted Reply

iOS 9.2.1 was released today at 10am PST. From the testing I've been able to do this has resolved the issue which is the same result I saw using the beta version.

Replies

Don't forget about your enterprise customers Apple. We are still waiting on the release of 9.2.1 to address this issue.

We went through CM and deployed this on the weekend. Pretty straightforward to implement and it does appear to resolve the issue for some iOS devices. But, as Citrix warned, your mileage may vary and some devices still may require the iOS 9.2.1 update. We've only tested it on a handful of devices so time will tell.

Has there been any mention of when 9.2.1 will be released? I wish Apple would start being a bit more open towards their Enterprise customers.

Apple, are you listening to this at all? You're KILLING us over here in our school. 9.2 has been out over a month now, and now you're looking about 9.3. Our deployment has had some serious setbacks because of 9.2. Please release this simple minor update soon!

The worst part about this is that they stopped signing 9.1. I have a pile of devices that either users upgraded to 9.2 or they were disabled and are now useless until 9.2.1 is released.

Even after more than 6 weeks of knowing this problem there is no fix from Apple. Well, I must say I'm more than disappointed. Apple and Enterprise? Not this way! Sorry.

Sorry just found this thread. Am an Enterprise developer. Have just tried to install an app that previously installed to iOS8 and I THOUGHT iOS9. However iOS 9.1 and iOS9.2 allows me to download but once downloaded does not allow me to install. "Unable to Download app. Could not be installed at this time".

I have checked my Certificates and ID's and recreated my Provisioning Profiles and 100% sure they are all spot on as they always have been.

The confusing thing is that a colleague who swears bling he is compiling using xCode 7 (but Yosemite) is able to install to iOS9.2 and his apps install to my devices running 9.2. The only difference I see is that I am running El Capitain and xCode 7. But by all accounts Apple has issues. So I have no idea why his apps work!!!!

So can anyone please stop me from going mad??? Is there an issue with Enterprise apps installing on iOS 9.1 and 9.2?

Many thanks

John

iOS 9.2.1 was released today at 10am PST. From the testing I've been able to do this has resolved the issue which is the same result I saw using the beta version.

I'm still experiencing this issue even with the iOS 9.2.1 update. I have two iPhones, a 4S and 6S both on 9.2.1. I can install my enterprise app on the 4S but am getting this 'unable to download' error on the iPhone 6S.

http://witnessone.net/officer

I am not Getting how can install here on Diawi using enterprise Cert but same IPA does not work on Witnessone.net when PList is fine with https://witnessone.net buit in. you can check and download fine with ios 9.2 and below. I need to create a Diawi system for this to work???!!!

http://install.diawi.com/yecdrs

but can't install on w1 URL with iOS 9.3

Um, you realize that letting the general public install your app violates your Enterprise License Agreement, right?