Xcode: sandboxing a bundle with auxiliary binaries

I have a bundle with a set of auxiliary binaries in folder Resources. I successfully signed and distributed it.

When I try to publish it to the App Store Xcode complains (sandboxing is activated):

------------------------------

App sandbox not enabled. The following executables must include the “com.apple.security.app-sandbox” entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements property list:

[( "eu.ill.fullprof4mac.pkg/Payload/FullProf4Mac.app/Contents/Resources/FullProf_Suite/Faults",

“eu.ill.fullprof4mac.pkg/Payload/FullProf4Mac.app/Contents/Resources/FullProf_Suite/GLOpSAnn",

“eu.ill.fullprof4mac.pkg/Payload/FullProf4Mac.app/Contents/Resources/FullProf_Suite/Mag_Info”,

“eu.ill.fullprof4mac.pkg/Payload/FullProf4Mac.app/Contents/Resources/FullProf_Suite/Mag_SymmCal",

….

--------------------------------

As far as I can see, Xcode's interface only handles the main binary (MacOS folder) but moving the auxiliary binaries to that folder would brake the package architecture (which is not designed by me).

I manually added to the resource folder an entilement file for each of these binaries but I do not find how to warn Xcode of their presence. I checked the bundle with "RG App Checker Lite". It only detects the main entitlement file (the binary which is in folder MacOS) which confirms that something is wrong.

All the best

Accepted Reply

I have the same question

Replies

I have the same question

I forgot to mention the solution I finally found.
I codesign and harden the auxiliary binaries prior adding them to Xcode.
In Xcode I do the following:
  Product/Archive
   Distribute App
   Developer ID
   Upload
   Distribution certificate: select "Developer ID application..."
   Upload
   Close
      wait for Apple's notification
   Click button "Export Notarized App"