Correct way to customize UI for system.login.fus

Is there a correct way to customize the default Fast user switching UI. I tried the same approach as for the login window.

I took the system.login.fus right and replaced the standard mechanism loginwindow:login to our own that we use for the login window, where it works very well. But for fast user switching, there're several issues:

- The actual native fast user switching screen is not shown, instead? all I see is a popup saying "macOS wants to make changes..." with an unlock button.

Also this popup may contains UI elements for the custom NSView of SFAuthorizationPluginView.

- the dictionary inUserInformation is always null in the willActiveWithUser method of SFAuthorizationPluginView. So, it's impossible to get the username.

Replies

I’m going to make the some suggestion I made on your other thread, namely that you should open a DTS tech support incident for this issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Hello Lex, Perhaps have you managed to resolve this issue ? I'm also puzzled about how to trigger the system.login.fus directly from my lock screen ui based plugin (based on SFAuthorizationPluginView).

thanks !
I’m going to give you the same recommendation I gave lex.andreev: Open a DTS tech support incident about this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"