Credentials for the Xcode Server xcs.couch database

Xcode 9 introduces a new version of the Xcode Server (no longer bundled with with Server.app). The backing couchdb instance for Xcode Server can be accessed through http://localhost:10355/_utils. In previous versions you were able to examine the documents and even modify if needed. (For instance, I previously did this to artifically inflate an integration number when setting up a bot on a different server. I use the $(XCS_INTEGRATION_NUMBER) variable for my build numbers.) Now, the database requires credentials. I know you can find the password in /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/SharedSecrets/XCSDCouchDBSecret, but does anyone know the username?

Accepted Reply

After more investigation I found my answer...

/Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Configuration/xcscouch.ini contains the basic CouchDB configuration for the Xcode Server. under the [admins] section is a username=password list.

The default username for the Xcode Server CouchDB instance is 'xcscouchadmin'

Replies

After more investigation I found my answer...

/Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Configuration/xcscouch.ini contains the basic CouchDB configuration for the Xcode Server. under the [admins] section is a username=password list.

The default username for the Xcode Server CouchDB instance is 'xcscouchadmin'