Xcode error

I just started to learn how to code with "Intro to App Development With Swift" from Apple on iBooks and whenever I try to edit one of the given practice files, a window pops up saying "The document “02_Naming.playground” could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application. Click Save Anyway to keep your changes and save the changes made by the other application as a version, or click Revert to keep the changes from the other application and save your changes as a version. You can also click Save As to save your changes to a different file." This error pops up every time I type a keystroke in the file. How do I fix this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MatthewAro Down vote post of MatthewAro
5.6k views

Replies

Happens to me on HighSierra beta1 in both xcode 8.3 and xcode 9.0 beta1. Makes playgrounds unusable 😟

(this is MatthewAro) Thanks! I was not sure if it was a beta issue or simply an Xcode issue I was unaware with. Still not fixed in Beta 2 btw

Im getting the exact same issue. I've been searching the internet for the fix for a couple of days now. Im thinking this issue has something to do with the beta version of the operating system. Lets try to stay up to date on this fix.

I had the issue, but when I removed the playground files out of Google Drive and into Documents that seemed to fix the issue.

Not fixed yet on High Sierra Public Beta 7. But I fixed myself moving the folder into a USB.

Happens to me in BBEdit as well.

I was able to fix this. I am on macOS High Sierra 17A362a (GM candidate I guess) and was getting these issues. I updated to Xcode beta 9.0 9A235 and the issue seems to have resolved itself.

Phew! It was incredibly annoying!

I am still receiving this message on a frequent basis. I am running xcode 9.1

I never saw it before xcode 9. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Thanks! Installinig Xcode 9.0 9A235 helped me to resolve this issue for released macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

I use Xcode 14 and I have this issue. But not when working in Playgrounds, just when editing a SwiftUI view file.