Is there any script that can detect Apple Submission to TestFlight errors early? like: ".framework contains disallowed nested bundles"

Some of the errors like ".framework contains disallowed nested bundles" we find out at later stage when uploading builds to TestFlight. It will be great if we can have similar script that apple uses or some custom script to verify it during the build time. So before I reinvent the wheel is there any script I can use at build time to detect this issue?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 794729022

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you’re asking for here, but it sounds like you’re trying to automate the behaviour you get when you click Validate App in the Xcode organiser. If so, check out the --validate-app subcommand of altool.

% xcrun altool --validate-app --help
… lots of help

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you’re asking for here, but it sounds like you’re trying to automate the behaviour you get when you click Validate App in the Xcode organiser. If so, check out the --validate-app subcommand of altool.

% xcrun altool --validate-app --help
… lots of help

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Is there any script that can detect Apple Submission to TestFlight errors early? like: ".framework contains disallowed nested bundles"

Q