change the way build c++ code

when building my project with Xcode16 Beta, I came across several compile errors in c++ code, which used to be ok when building with Xcode15. It's not easy to fix them because some of them came from third part libraries. Is there a way to configure Xcode to build c++ code conforming to the Xcode 15 manner? (I know I can get back to Xcode15 temporarily, but I worry these issue can not be fixed even in the official release version)

Answered by DTS Engineer in 794249022

It’s hard to offer concrete advice without more details about the exact error. However, in general, Xcode has a C++ Language Dialect build setting that controls the version of C++ that it uses, and you’ll want to make sure that your code is consistent with that setting.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Same.... I get compiler errors in structs with std::strings, which were fine in Xcode 15

It’s hard to offer concrete advice without more details about the exact error. However, in general, Xcode has a C++ Language Dialect build setting that controls the version of C++ that it uses, and you’ll want to make sure that your code is consistent with that setting.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

change the way build c++ code

Q