Xcode 16 Beta not recognizing Apple Vision Pro on devices

I downloaded the new Xcode 16 Beta and AVP OS 2.0, But I saw that in Windows --> Devices + Simulators, my Mac was not recognizing that I had updated the Vision Pro's OS. So, I disconnected the AVP and tried connecting it again, but the device is not showing up.

I've tried going into Remote Devices within the headset, disabling/enabling Developer Mode, turning off/on Wifi, restarting both devices.

Is this an issue with XCode 16 Beta and/or Vision OS 2.0?

Hi, I ended up solving the issue.

For some reason, I had to connect both my Mac and AVP to my personal cellular hotspot. Still not sure why my WiFi didn't work, but I hope this solution may help some others too.

Were you seeing this before Xcode 16 beta? And do you have either VPN or security software enabled that may be interfering with the device connectivity?

If that link doesn't help in your circumstance, I'd like to see a bug report with a sysdiagnose attached from both the Mac and Apple Vision Pro. Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.

If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

FB13975583

I have the same problem with iPhone 15, iPad Mini (5th generation), and iPad Pro (4th generation). In my case the build was not installed, so I decided to unpair all devices. As a result, now I can’t pair them back)

• Xcode 16 beta
  • MacOS: 15.0 beta
  • VPN disabled
  • Device connected to the laptop using lightning, usb-c (without hub)

I have restarted laptop/xcode/tablets. I also tried to use a personal hotspot. I can see the devices in Finder.

I had the same experience; Xcode would not recognize the Vision Pro after updating both to beta 2.

Changing both the Mac and the Vision Pro to a different WiFi network allowed Xcode to see and pair with the Vision Pro. Then I was able to change both back to the original WiFi network.

Xcode 16 Beta not recognizing Apple Vision Pro on devices

Q