Apple TV as iPod in Apple Developer Center

I have a bizzare issue with my Apple TV that is shown as "iPod" in Apple developer portal. It's correctly visible in Xcode as Apple TV, but when I add it to developer portal it says "iPod".

The problem is since it's there as an iPod I can't use it to my provisioning profile to build on the device

Anyone has any idea how this can be solved?

[Edited by Moderator]

Well, that’s weird. I just checked in my individual account and my Apple TV is showing up as an Apple TV.

I can’t see any way you could have done this wrong. Well, I guess you could’ve entered the wrong UDID. I recommend that you double check that and, once you’ve confirmed that it’s correct, if things aren’t working then reach out to the Developer website support folks via Apple > Developer > Contact Us.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I had another Apple TV in a past and it's still showing as Apple TV in my developer profile. Only this new one has the issue.

I added this via Xcode not manually so I couldn't enter the UDID wrong. I've also triple checked this UDID and it's exactly the same as in Xcode (which is seeing the Apple TV as Apple TV connected via network).

Thanks I will reach out then through "Contact Us" form you linked.

@kubam2 have you had any luck with Support?

Weirdly enough I'm having the exact same issue - brand new ATV 4K, registered via Xcode, and it showed up as "iPod" in the developer portal so I can't register it with a tvOS Development certificate

Apple TV as iPod in Apple Developer Center

Q