Exporting Localizations for Workspace fails with "ComputeTargetDependencyGraph failed with a nonzero exit code"

We have a workspace with three projects in it. Trying to export localizations for the workspace fails with the "ComputeTargetDependencyGraph failed with a nonzero exit code" error but with no additional information to track down the failure.

Here are the exact steps I've tried:

1. Click Menu Bar > Product > Export Localizations > Workspace (the first item in the menu)
  2. A few moments later, an error alert pops up that says "Unable to build project for localization string extraction"

1. In the build log tab, it shows this:

If I try running xcodebuild -exportLocalizations -localizationPath ~/ExportedWorkspaceLocalizations -workspace <workspaceLocation> -exportLanguage en, the same "ComputeTargetDependencyGraph failed with a nonzero exit code" error message appears.

Exporting the three projects individually works great when I go to Menu Bar > Product > Export Localizations > Select one of the three projects instead of the workspace.

Has anyone else run into this error? I haven't been able to find any additional build logs that would point to a more concrete error.