Error in signing installers using Apple Developer ID Installer Certificate

Hi,

I have been using a Developer ID Installer Certificate to sign my installer packages since a long time now. Recently, the sign command started giving me error,

Error - Certificate is expired or not yet valid. Please check certificate validity.

The certificate itself is valid till 2025, so I am confused on the issue.

To get a clearer understanding, I created a new certificate by following instructions in the link,

https://developer.apple.com/help/account/create-certificates/create-developer-id-certificates

However, when I try to use this to sign my installer package, I get the following error,

Unable to build a valid certificate chain. Please make sure that all certificates are included in the certificate file.

I am using ZXPSignCmd to sign the installers.

Hoping for guidance to a quick resolution.

Replies

This is the installer equivalent of the issue discussed in Fixing an untrusted code signing certificate. It’s likely that the certificate in your new signing identity uses an updated intermediate, and you don’t have that installed.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the response.

Have already tried installing all the Intermediate certs. Didn't work. Still getting the same issue. Unable to build a valid certificate chain. Please make sure that all certificates are included in the certificate file.

Did you also check for trust settings overrides?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• If you are talking about changing the Trust settings to 'Always Trust' through Keychain Access, then yes, tried that. Changed for all certificates.

Didn't work.

Add a Comment