Issue with SceneStorage in ViewModifer, but not in View

Hello, Awhile ago I'd refactored my code to have @SceneStorage in a ViewModifier and not on a View. In Xcode 15.3, I see a runtime-only warning:

SceneStorage is only for use with SwiftUI App Lifecycle. This will become a fatal error in a future release.
Accessing a SceneStorage value outside of being installed on a View. This will always return the default value.
Creating a Binding to SceneStorage value outside of being installed on a View. This will result in a constant Binding of the default value and will not update.

I'd used a ViewModifier to encapsulate this code. Why is that different than a View?

If you are interested you can see an example here: https://github.com/bolsinga/site/blob/ffbedd7fb134675496f529cf62484ceb9b79d360/Sources/Site/Music/UI/ArchiveStorageModifier.swift#L15

Thanks for any tips!

Just as the message states, it is to be only used within a SwiftUI View where the context of a scene exists.

I'm sorry; I see the message. I do not understand why the ViewModifier (which knows the View) is different in this manner than the View itself. Thanks.

Issue with SceneStorage in ViewModifer, but not in View

Q