Can't run iOS App on "My Mac (Designed for iPad)"

Since updating to macOS 14.4 (23E214) (I think) I can no longer run my App with target "My Mac (Designed for iPad)". The error is:

Runningboard has returned error 5. Please check the system logs for the underlying cause of the error.

Looking in console:

System Policy: Xcode(39249) deny(1) file-read-data /private/var/db/MobileIdentityService/Configuration/Version.plist

Interestingly, renaming the bundle id, build and run (fails too) and renaming back allows it to run once. Perhaps this is a bug in whatever is enforcing it not to run.

Nothing else (clean, delete derived data, delete app container) allows it to run.

Replies

In my original post I was mistaken regarding changing the bundle id – my original bundle id has the issue, but if I change it (and tab out of the field before building) then it will run with a different bundle id.

With my original bundle id, In console, it logs: "Client com.apple.runningboardd trying to look up container 2:com.getkeyfree.keyfree.rental-test with ambiguous user identity"

and attempts to read various files from the root home directory, e.g.: /private/var/root/Library/Containers/com.getkeyfree.keyfree.rental-test/.com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist

However, after deleting all provisioning profiles locally from ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/, deleting my certificate from the developer portal, and attempting to get Xcode to recreate the provisioning profile, it still doesn't work.