Run on iOS 17 with Xcode 13.2.1

Hello,

I've encountered an issue and could use some assistance.

My device is running on iOS 17, and I have a mid-2014 MacBook Pro. The latest version of Xcode I can install on it is 13.2.1.

The problem is that Xcode is notifying me that the device has an unsupported OS version.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to change my MacBook at the moment, and I urgently need to run my project on a device. Could anyone please advise me on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The following article shows ways to get around your issue.

https://www.swiftdevjournal.com/dealing-with-failed-to-prepare-device-for-development-error-message-in-xcode/

If the workarounds in that article don't work, you will need to find a device running an older version of iOS to run your project on your Mac.

Thank you for your response. However, since I'm dealing with iOS 17, I believe the second workaround would be more applicable. Unfortunately, this workaround appears to be specific to Xcode 14 and doesn't seem to work with Xcode 13.

At the moment, I haven't found a solution and I don't have access to another device. It seems that I may have to consider purchasing a new MacBook, but for now I want to avoid that.

Run on iOS 17 with Xcode 13.2.1

Q