Can't create new app version on App Store Connect

It's not possible to create a new version for any App Store Connect app.

To reproduce, I navigate to my app and click the (+) button to create a new version number. I type in a version number, and click "Create."

It fails with an error, "An error has occurred. Try again later."

When I view it in the Network tab of the Web Inspector, it shows that there's a 500 error.

{
	"errors": [{
		"status": "500",
		"code": "UNEXPECTED_ERROR",
		"title": "An unexpected error occurred.",
		"detail": "An unexpected error occurred on the server side. If this issue continues, contact us at https://developer.apple.com/contact/."
	}]
}

The same error occurs when I attempt to create an app store version using the App Store Connect API.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dfabulich Down vote post of dfabulich
21k views
  • I have the same problem.

• Same problem. There is a nuance that the application was recently transferred from another account.

• This is a widespread problem, several colleagues have already reported this

Replies

Hello, thank you for these reports. We believe we have resolved this issue. If you continue to experience issues adding new versions or are not seeing a version you previously attempted to add, please contact us so we can gather further details to look into the issue.

• Still has this issue.

• The issue still exists for adding new apps!

• Same here, we still cannot create a new version today.

I have the issue too. Called support as I need to get a version out asap, they will call me back when they have fixed it. Ill let you all know when they call.. HAHAHAH

We are still unable to create a new version for previously failed versions; it may be due to the initial bug, and our data may be corrupted, so the fix may work for new versions, as Apple Engineer posted today. We contacted Apple a week ago (102222678277) and still have no solution or response. I'm not sure if Apple understands the complexity and urgency of this situation. Please, guys, at this time, you know what is going on. Run a query to look for thousands of corrupted versions and make an effort to fix them. After all, you broke it badly.

we are also facing the same issue. Any solutions for this yet?

• Try to uncheck the "Apple Vision Pro Availability" checkbox in Pricing & Availability! This helped in my case.

• It works!

• This workaround solved our problem, thanks for sharing.

We still cannot create a new version today

Hello, thank you all again for your help identifying these issues. We wanted to provide an update. We have resolved the problem creating new app versions in App Store Connect. If you previously encountered an issue adding a new version in App Store Connect and it has not appeared after some time please contact us so we can work to resolve your issue.

Additionally please contact us if you encounter adding a new version in App Store Connect again or reply in this thread.

• Not fixed yet.

• Im getting a HTTP 409

code: "ENTITY_ERROR.RELATIONSHIP.INVALID" detail: "You cannot create a new version of the App in the current state." source: {pointer: "/data/relationships/app"} status: "409" title: "The provided entity includes a relationship with an invalid value"

App ID: 6477453443

Add a Comment

Im experiencing a HTTP 409:

code: "ENTITY_ERROR.RELATIONSHIP.INVALID"
detail: "You cannot create a new version of the App in the current state."
source: {pointer: "/data/relationships/app"}
title: "The provided entity includes a relationship with an invalid value"```

Does someone know if this is Apple´s fault or if im just missing something here?

I can't create a new app... the issue has been happening for a few weeks now, and we have to publish a new app. Please tell us something.

Here, still cannot create a new version.

Make sure that you do not have any pending agreement. After updating new agreements resolve the issue in my case.