Apple Vision Pro Development Without the $299 Dongle?

Question. Is there a way to hook up the Apple Vision Pro to the Mac for development without using the $299 dongle? I was thinking of a USB-C cable from the battery to the Mac. Someone mentioned wireless, but usually one has to connect first.

• What do you mean by the $299 dongle? I want to order a Vision Pro, but did not see this in the accessories list.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Just found this info on the Unity forums:

"you need to enable developer mode on the device in the settings. I think part of it was under General, it lets you pair the device with a mac. The other part was in privacy settings to enable developer mode. The device will reboot and then it’ll show up in xcode as a target."

• To be a little more specific about how to do this:

First go to General -> Remote Devices and Pair to your Vision Pro. Then the Developer mode option will appear under Privacy and Security and you can turn developer mode on. You vision pro will reboot and then ask you to enable developer mode. Then you should be able see the device in Xcode.

Add a Comment

Replies

Apple is selling the dongle to developers to help them when they have an application with enhance graphics. It’s not being offered except through the developers website.

Just found this info on the Unity forums:

"you need to enable developer mode on the device in the settings. I think part of it was under General, it lets you pair the device with a mac. The other part was in privacy settings to enable developer mode. The device will reboot and then it’ll show up in xcode as a target."

• To be a little more specific about how to do this:

First go to General -> Remote Devices and Pair to your Vision Pro. Then the Developer mode option will appear under Privacy and Security and you can turn developer mode on. You vision pro will reboot and then ask you to enable developer mode. Then you should be able see the device in Xcode.

Add a Comment

You can deploy and debug wirelessly. The dongle is available for developers of applications with large assets, unstable WiFi, or corporate network policies.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of J0hn Down vote reply of J0hn