Xcode 15.2 and Developper App Certificate

I develop an App for Mac and iPhone, and till now, I had no issue to test it on my iPhone.

but this morning, I have the following message, when I try to run it on my iPhone:

Failed to verify code signature .... (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.) Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

I must precise that it works on the simulator.

the version of Xcode is 15.2 and the version of iPhone is 17.2.1

when I go on Settings/VPN -> Device Management (on iPhone), I don't see any section for Developper App Certificate

when I go to Devices and Simulators on Xcode, and list the Provisioning Profiles installed on my iPhone, I see the IOS Team Provisioning Profiled of my application

but it still not work.

What can I do?

Replies

when I go on Settings/VPN -> Device Management (on iPhone), I don't see any section for Developper App Certificate

Yeah, that part of the error message is a red herring.

Are you using automatic code signing in Xcode?

If you create a new test project from one of the built-in templates, does it have the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I juste made a basic project with the Hello World Content View, and it runs on the iPhone

I juste made a basic project … and it runs on the iPhone

Cool.

That project will have defaulted to using automatic code signing. Is your main app set that way as well?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"