Can't start a game in Game Center (GameKit)

I'm working in a game that it was working perfectly with Game Center (remote game with 1 remote player), but since last Sunday I'm having errors when I try to start a remote game.

I have 2 errors, one says FAILED when I invite a friend to play. In this case, the other device never gets the notification.

The other error sent the notification, but when I tap on it (on the other device), it fails saying that it couldn't communicate with the server). The main device it says "INVITED" but it doesn't say anything else.

I haven't found anyone else having the same issue, so I wonder if it's my fault, although I haven't change that part of the code since the last time I tested it.

Is it someone else here having similar problems? or knows what should I review?

thank you all, and have a great year!

Accepted Reply

After analyzing almost line by line the real time game sample given by Apple, I found one little difference, I didn't have the Group Activities entitlement.

After adding this, the multiplayer game started working again.

Probably this was not a requirement in previous versions, I don't know, but problem solved. I supposed Apple could give a better error message, though.

Replies

After analyzing almost line by line the real time game sample given by Apple, I found one little difference, I didn't have the Group Activities entitlement.

After adding this, the multiplayer game started working again.

Probably this was not a requirement in previous versions, I don't know, but problem solved. I supposed Apple could give a better error message, though.