Can't install / update Xcode 15.1 on macOS 14.2

Hi, I just updated my iMac M1 to the latest version of Sonoma (macOS 14.2) ; I attempted to update Xcode after that since it has just been updated to 15.1 on the Mac App Store, but I got a greyed out "Update" button on the App Store, saying "Not compatible with this device".

The requirements state it needs macOS 13.5 or later. I deleted it, but I'm not able to install it from the App Store again, I imagine for the same reason. I'll try downloading it from the Apple Developer Downloads, but it seems that something is clearly not right here.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Rezard Down vote post of Rezard
1.3k views

Replies

Same problem here. Mac Mini M2 Pro with Sonoma 14.2 But it does not meet the requirement of having macOS 13.5

The new math system says 14.2 < 13.5

• Same problem here. I have 14.1 and i am sure 14.1 > 13.5 lol

Add a Comment

Same issues here Also tried installed the 15.1 RC, which worked, but it fails installing 17.2 Sims with a 403 error.

Same here. I am downloading Xcode 15.1 from the Developer portal manually so let's see.

Same issue.

Same issue here on both my MacStudio M1 Max and MBP M1 Max running Sonoma 14.2.

Same problem. MBP M2 Max on Sonoma 14.2 and Xcode 15.1. Thinks my Mac is not a compatible device, sigh....

My workaround: I downloaded the Xcode .xip from developer.apple.com and installed manually...seemingly fine. But the AppStore install/upgrade path is definitely broken.

We are experiencing the same issue. Version 15.1 (15C65) issues with xcode simulator for ios latest MAC Update OS Sonoma Version 14.2 download makes it 90 to 98% every time and times out.