Getting code signing errors when attempting to build RetroArch for my Apple TV 4K

I am a complete noob to macOS, iOS or tvOS development and am simply trying to follow this article from the LibRetro documentation: https://docs.libretro.com/development/retroarch/compilation/ios/. I have followed all of the steps up to and including the first RetroArch build attempt, but I get a plethora of errors during that step as shown by the attached transcript. Any help would be very much appreciated. MTIA! :-D

Answered by DTS Engineer in 773985022

All of those errors are related to script sandboxing. I suspect that the project you’re building uses Run Script build phases that haven’t been updated to be compatible with script sandboxing. You can either update those scripts or disable the User Script Sandboxing build setting.

I also recommend that you raise this via the support channel for the project you’re building; it’s possible that the folks over there have experience with this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

All of those errors are related to script sandboxing. I suspect that the project you’re building uses Run Script build phases that haven’t been updated to be compatible with script sandboxing. You can either update those scripts or disable the User Script Sandboxing build setting.

I also recommend that you raise this via the support channel for the project you’re building; it’s possible that the folks over there have experience with this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks @eskimo, very much appreciated!

One more thing if you wouldn't mind: it now builds, but won't install on my Apple TV 4K. It is properly connected to Xcode but keeps seemingly disconnecting during installation, as shown in the attached error log.

Any ideas why this is happening? Once again, TYVM for your help! :-D

Getting code signing errors when attempting to build RetroArch for my Apple TV 4K

Q