git untracked

I'm trying to set up a git repository from Xcode so that me and a friend can work on a project. When he clones the repository in Xcode, he gets the "no editor" error message. On my side, in the source control panel, I see the untracked icon, with a question mark in a blue box, and uncommitted changes. Despite pushing it 20 times, it's still showing the uncommitted message. Also, I have the no editor message too in a rectangle. How can I track these files and fix it ?

Does this help you with your problem?

https://codermite.com/t/experiencing-issues-with-git-repository-in-xcode-seeking-assistance/

@Paradigm777 Hi. I’ve checked everything and still get error. I’m starting to think the error resides in how I set up everything (I don’t know much about git but I’m currently learning about it)

1. At first I didn’t set any repository or whatever. I added my account in Xcode settings (with a token).
  2. I clicked on  « add a git repository » which I searched in the help research bar.
  3. After that, in the source control panel, I went to remotes, and clicked « add a new remote« which made the repository appear on my GitHub.
  4. i still had the untracked message.

Do you notice anything wrong ? Was I supposed to set a local repository too ? Should I have first created the repository on GitHub then push the changes from Xcode project to it ?

git untracked

Q