MenuBarExtra with .window style has layout issue with ScrollView

I tried to create an menubar application but since it contains multiple View in a Scroll, as you may imagine, i had to use .menuBarExtraStyle(.window). The point is: the first time I open the menu the height seems to layout properly, but from the second time on, the view resizes to a certain smaller height amount. You may try with this simple snippet:

MenuBarExtra("", systemImage: "info") {
            ScrollView {
                VStack(alignment: .leading) {
                    ForEach(0..<100) {
                        Text("Row \($0)")
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        .menuBarExtraStyle(.window)

Changing .menuBarExtraStyle(.window) to .menuBarExtraStyle(.menu) fixes the problem but of course you can't build your own layout, functionalities, etc... just display.

Even setting a maximum height - .frame(maxHeight: maxHeight) - for the ScrollView, doesn't seem to affect this behavior.

Did anyone faced this issue? Maybe there's a proper way to proceed and build this kind of layout?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of matryx87 Down vote post of matryx87

Replies

Ever find a solution to this? I'm seeing the same issue. Adding .frame(maxHeight: maxHeight) does seem to work for me though. However, this does not solve my issue as the window renders too large on subsequent openings.

Hey I think i figured it out.

Try using .fixedSize() on the scrollview. In my case I had to use .fixedSize(horizontal: false, vertical: true)