Error when archiveing/ running project in xcode using macOS monterey 12.7.1 & xcode Version 14.2

Hi, when I try to run/ archive my poject in xcode that was developed using construct 3, i'm getting the following error code..

could not find included file 'Pods/Target Suppori Fles/Pods- Runrun/Pods- Runrun relpace yccontidin searcn nathc

it's important to note that i'm using an mid 2015 mac book pro, that only supports macos monterey 12.7.1 and xcode Version 14.2. Right now, i'm not able to update any firther.

When I loocked into the error, found out that this might be related to not having cocoapods installed. After trying to install it using homebrue, i still kept getting the same error. I even tried factery resetting my mac several time just to be sure..

After getting stuck on this issue for days, i'm having doubts on weather this might be linked to that fact that i'm using a old version of macOS and xcode.

As such, just wanted to enquire on this and get a understanding on weather the error that i'm getting is related to compatibility with my mac in any way or just a matter of installing the right version of cocoapods that may be compatible with my OS and xcode.

Hope some one can guide me on this. Thanks.

Replies

Hey @Dead-Pixel, I've found that the following has to be done with Construct 3 xcode project exports:

• Export project zip from Construct 3
  • Unzip file on MacBook and use as Xcode Workspace folder
  • Open Terminal on MacBook and change directory to Workspace folder
  • Type ‘pod install’ in terminal while pointed to the Workspace folder

** That will install all cocoapods pods necessary for building game

• Add all metadata to the Signing & Capabilities and Build Settings

** Make sure Game Center is added as a +Capability from the submenu under Signing & Capabilities (if applicable)

• Select Swift 4.2 for Swift Language Version for Project and Target

However I do believe that you have to update to the latest version of xcode, which might be tough for some 2015 and older MacBooks, so...looks like you gotta bite the bullet and invest in more Apple hardware. I personally really wish we could have an iPad xcode app, but apparently that's not technically feasible?