How to turn off "connect via network" on Xcode 15?

This is really a disgusting function and I can't turn it off. Because the check box is grey, no way to turn it off. Even I connect my device via cables.

Debug becomes slow. Although I connect my device via cable.

And I'm developing a VPN application, it's rediculous that once I connect VPN from my device, Xcode will disconnect from my device.

I can't stand this function any m ore. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

This checkbox is not relevant with the new device stack, which is why it is disabled. Apoloties for the confusion with the way the new device support stack is interacting with the UI.

If you connect your device via cables, then you will connect to the device over that cable. You will not be connecting over wifi.

There are known issues with certain VPN software causing issues when interacting with devices. Please reach out to the vendor to report the issue inquire about a timeline for receiving an update.

The issue is:

I don't want to allow Xcode to connect automatically to a nearby iPhone via the network, unless I have explicitly authorized Xcode to do so.

• If I have not checked Connect via Network then Xcode should not grab the iPhone via the network

• If I have checked Connect via Network then Xcode is welcome to grab the iPhone via the network

I want to be able to decide.

Why should Xcode decide for me?

Why is that Connect via Network checkbox always enabled and why is it impossible for the user to disable it?

With all due respect: "the new device stack" may be relevant from Apple's perspective but (again, with all due respect) "the new device stack" is totally irrelevant from the user's perspective.

I would like to be able to say "yes" or "no" to Connect via Network.

Obviously, there's tremendous annoyance and frustration from the user's perspective.

What part of this simple request (from the user's perspective) is not clear?

Thanks for your consideration of the user's perspective.

How to turn off "connect via network" on Xcode 15?

Q