Game porting toolkit: No Available Windows when open steam.exe

I installed and configured all the environments follow the Read Me.rtf and then installed Steam with this command.

gameportingtoolkit ~/my-game-prefix ~/Downloads/SteamSetup.exe.

After installation, when I first opened steam.exe, it shows me this and installing update. It seems normal at this point.

Then the window disappeared, and so is the steam icon in the dock. The terminal window is also unable to enter new commands.

I don't know how to kill the steam.exe, so I just close this terminal window and open a new one.

No matter how many times I tried with this, there is nothing happened.

gameportingtoolkit ~/my-game-prefix 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe'

If I try this command, MTL_HUD_ENABLED=1 WINEESYNC=1 WINEPREFIX=~/my-game-prefix $(brew --prefix game-porting-toolkit)/bin/wine64 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe' the steam icon will appears in the Dock but it always shows no available window. at the same time, too many logs come up and seem to never stop (I suspect they're duplicate messages form a certain location, but since I can't quiet understand what they are talking about, so I just copied some of them and put them in the attachment).

I was wondering if it might have something to do with the error message when create the new Wine prefix, but this error message didn't seem to affect either the appearance of the “Wine configuration” window or the configuration.

Anyone else having the same issues? I really don't know what went wrong. Thank you all for your patience in reading!

Replies

Also experiencing this issue, with Game Porting Toolkit 1.1 on Sonoma 14.1.1. I also tried the steps you tried with no success.