Xcode 15.01 Preview "Failed to launch app *** in reasonable time"

Hi all,

when I am trying to build a preview I am always getting the error "Failed to launch app in reasonable time". When clicking on Diagnostics I get the following report information:

AppLaunchTimeoutError: Failed to launch app ”SwiftUI-Weather.app” in reasonable time

The app ”SwiftUI-Weather.app” did not launch on ”iPhone 15 Pro” in 15 seconds.

bundle identifier: tregnet.SwiftUI-Weather
    device name: iPhone 15 Pro
    path: /Users/MyUser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SwiftUI-Weather-fvxpuqojpxxuqtbuzmjvlatlmuqy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Previews/SwiftUI-Weather/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SwiftUI-Weather.app

Also clicking on "Generate Report" in the Diagnostics menu is not doing anything for me, even after waiting for a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings

• I have the same problem. The answer is only contains how to generate a report.

• Same here. Preview has NOT worked for me since I updated Xcode to version 15, 15.1, 15.1 beta 3. FAIL!

NOTE: In Xcode 15.1 beta 3, the preview window DID show "AppLaunchTimeoutError: Failed to launch app xxxx in reasonable time" in the Diagnostics, but after closing the Diagnostics window (and walking away for several minutes to do some chores), it now surprisingly displays correctly in the Preview window!

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting previews working. The symptoms you describe sound like a known issue, but if you want to be certain the best next step will be to file a feedback with diagnostics so we can take a look.

Steps to generate helpful diagnostics:

1. Download and install the logging profile on all devices involved. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Click the "Diagnostics" button in the error banner in Previews' Canvas area (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  4. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  5. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)
  6. Generate the sysdiagnose(s) and attach those too

I know you mentioned you were having problems with the "generate report" not finishing in a timely fashion. I'd say kick off both the preview diagnostics and the sysdiagnose right away, and then leave the machine to generate those for maybe 30 minutes or so. The sysdiagnose should be done by then, and if the preview diagnostic is still not done by then then hopefully the sysdiagnose will have enough information for us to triage both issues.

• Hi,

today my new Mac mini arrived and on this machine the preview is working fine and without any problems. It took a while to load up at first but after waiting for around 3 minutes the preview loaded and is now working flawlessly.

Thanks for helping :)

• If this issue is due to Apple no longer supporting Intel-based Macs, I'd be really ******!

Add a Comment