Xcode 15 commit button not shown

I reinstalled the macOs from macOS recovery, Then installed the new Xcode 15, Everything worked fine but when I tried to commit my code the commit button does not showing.

The image from my Xcode app:

• I tried the proposed solution. But when I do to Xcode/settings and choose Git, my user name and email address are already there. So this solution does not work for me. I even tried removing my user name and email address and then putting them back in. Still does not work.

Any other suggestions?

• I have the same problem, tried the recommended solutions. Seems like a bug Apple needs to fix.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here. WTH

You need to stage your files for commit first.

Question marks indicate that your files are not added to local git. So add them first.

Then right click the Uncommitted changes row if you want to stage all files in the list. Otherwise stage only those files you want to. After staging write the commit message and commit, then push.

This issue is solved in stackoverflow

Add a Comment

HI Folks. If the commit is missing after upgrading to Sonoma or going Xcode 15. Simply go to Xcode/settings/. Click on source code and click on Git. enter your author name and email. That should work.

• This works for me. I also removed it and re-added my name to get the same behaviour.

• This fixed my issue too.

• This fixed my issue as well.

Add a Comment

This fixed my issue . you can also stage changes by right clicking them in xcode . open terminal navigate to you project and type - git commit -m "you commit details"

The comment made by @TheComet is great but for anyone else who comes to this post and is stil having this issue, you will need to set up your "user.name" and "user.email" via the command line.

This is required because Xcode needs to see who the author is and then it will allow you to set up a commit message.

Example commands to run (assuming "git" is already installed):

git config --global user.email "user@domain.tld"
git config --global user.name "myusername"

No need to restart Xcode, just close the commit window and re-open it, voila!

The proposed solution does not work for me as well.

I added my GitHub account under Xcode -> Settings -> Accounts. I also added my Author Name and Author Email under Xcode -> Settings -> Source Control.

I made changes & went to Integrate -> Stage All Changes (this worked). Next, I went to Integrate -> Commit... and the screen below opens with the commit button greyed out.

I know I can use terminal to commit my changes. I am trying to get the source control integration working on my project.