MacOS Sonoma Login Screen not helpful for visually impaired

Why o why did you have to mess with the login screen in Sonoma??? For a visually impaired person (like my wife) you have made the login/lock screen very unfriendly compared to previous releases. With Ventura and previous versions, I have the Lock Screen settings set to:

• List of Users
  • Show Sleep, Restart, Shut Down buttons

The avatar pics of the three users on our computers (admin, me, wife) show up as big icons in the middle of the screen, with the Sleep, Restart, Shutdown buttons in a row right beneath the icons. My wife can find her avatar, click on it, type in her password, and then get right to her magnified closeview screen. With Sonoma, she will have to deal with small moving avatar pics at the bottom of the screen, not friendly at all. And she will NEVER find the Shutdown button hidden in the upper right menu bar.

Doesn't Apple test new upgrades with the accessibility community??? Sonoma is a big step backward for the visually impaired.

Please post your concerns in the customer-facing forums below this area is reserved specifically for third party developers and not developers employed by Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

I would agree with this. Apple needs to stop making the Desktop look like an iPhone. They've changed something that's been the same for years and I'm still looking in the middle of the screen for my login details but now it's at the bottom with no option move it back to the middle. What has happened to the UI experts that Apple was previously known for?

I TOTALLY AGREE!! The new login screen look and feels awful and not useful at all, specially if you have a wallpaper with letters or some message on it. Hey apple..!! why are you messing everything up? are you following microsoft?

What a stupid move to place the login in the bottom and with tiny fonts.

I agree. This is so bad. Please fix this so it can go back to center screen and not be so small. Please fix this asap.

I also agree. My wife has issues seeing items on the bottom of the screen. At a minimum there should be a setting to adjust the location of the user login items

Hello, I literally Googles "Sonoma login screen is a disaster" to find a post online. I am not visually impaired, but have 3 accounts, an M1 MacBook, and the login is so bad that I always have to click twice or retype my password. I am seriously considering downgrading.

Report all feedback at apple.com/feedback apple does not monitor discussion pages. Apple does take feedback seriously so please report your issue there

I am not inpaired but for me too, the login screen on Sonoma is a big step backwards. I understand the intention to not interrupt a nice background. But I am not getting to the loginscreen to watch backgrounds (wo does anyway). I need one thing only, and that is to log in. So, logically the login information and input field need to be big and at the center. I do not get that unhealthy fixation on backgrounds anyway (and I AM a designer).

i agree. it is driving us nuts. the lack of sleep/reboot/halt from lock screen is making life very painful especially we need to use bootcamp or switch between different boot disks.

I hate that thing too :( I like when it´s in the middle. more focused there. you will see it better when it´s in the middle. Please fix this problem, many maybe will react on this. please do something for oss who want to have it in the middle

Come on Apple, give us the option to put the Login prompt back where is was for years. Forget, your stupid estoteric reasoning and just do it. For once, actually listen to users.

I agree that there should be an option to put the login prompt where it was. It is not an ergonomic choice to focus on the bottom of the screen. It hurts my neck to look down.

MacOS Sonoma Login Screen not helpful for visually impaired

Q