Xcode 15 breakpoints not stopping on symbolicated code

I've recently installed Xcode Version 15.0 (15A240d) and when I set a breakpoint it doesn't stop on the line of code where the breakpoint is set. Rather, it opens another window with the hex code. If I press F6 it doesn't highlight the next line of code, but I can see that it moved because the variables are changing.

Is this a known bug? I have tried all the usual stuff like deleting derived data and restarting everything. I have even deleted com.apple.dt.Xcode directory in ~/Library/Caches. to set things back to the defaults. The only thing I haven't done yet is reinstall Xcode.

Unfortunately, this is very bad timing as I need to get my app finished for the iOS17 and WatchOS 10 release.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ikiwi Down vote post of ikiwi
3.3k views

Replies

I have not used Xcode 15 yet, but most of the debugging settings are in the Debug menu. Any fixes for your issue would be there.

I noticed there's a menu item Debug > Debug Workflow > Always Show Disassembly. Is that setting active in your Xcode version?

I have the same issue.

I have the same issue, too. Xcode 15.2 (15C500b), macOS 14.2.1 (23C71). Also tried to fix it by steps mentioned above and it didn't work

@ikiwi, by the way, it seems that Apple knows about this issue and they're working on it (https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/739914?answerId=776922022#776922022). There seems to be a workaround on that which worked for me (https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/744108?answerId=776845022#776845022)

• The workaround in that post did work for me, at least to get breakpoints to work. This is it:

Edit your scheme and check "Wait for the executable to be launched."Build and run.Launch the app in the simulator (or, I suppose, on the device).

But it's a PITA because you have to toggle this setting any time you want to rebuild the app onto the simulator or device. Also, print() statements don't work anymore for some reason.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue, Any solution found?

Same here. I run Xcode 15.2 on Sonoma 14.2, iMac Retina 5K, 27", 2019, 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9.

I have a fairly large and old project, but debugging iOS stopped working after update to Xcode 15. I did not see NSLog messages any more (console is visible, of course) and breakpoints got ignored if I did not start the iOS app manually instead of automatically.

To see if project settings could be the culprit I made a new project from Xcode app template. Debugging worked flawlessly. Then I tried my old project again without changing anything and now everything works.

Same here I do see the print to the console but BP doesnt stop