MacOS App Store Upload failing

I have an app I'm building for both iOS and MacOS using a common swift code base.

I've been successful to upload the iOS version to the App Store and run beta testing.

I'm now at the point of doing the same with Mac OS and I'm not getting the App Store validation to pass on my archive validation.

I have a developer ID, entitlements set and it seems like all is well until I run the validation:

Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle org.boltontek.Jam-It-Up [org.boltontek.Jam-It-Up.pkg/Payload/Jam It Up.app] is invalid. [Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value.] For more information, visit the macOS Developer Portal. (ID: 79b53a46-2501-4559-a14c-7bbeaf34ebd6)

Where exactly do I go to get this more information? I'd love to know what the invalid entitlement is.

Replies

I have an app I'm building for both iOS and macOS using a common swift code base.

Do both apps have the same bundle ID?

Do you plan to ship the Mac app on the Mac App Store? Or independently?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Yes, same bundle ID. Ideally through the Mac app store,

Yes, same bundle ID.

OK.

Your bundle ID forms part of your App ID. For example, an App ID like SKMME9E2Y8.com.example.apple-samplecode.Test737259 consists of an App ID prefix (SKMME9E2Y8) followed by a bundle ID (com.example.apple-samplecode.Test737259).

In your case, is your App ID prefix your Team ID? Or something unique?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"