Xcode Cloud "Environment variable names cannot start with c" error

Over the past few months in Xcode Cloud I've have Environment Variables that have had the prefix "TEST_RUNNER_". In the Apple Documentation it was mentioned that this was correct - https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2022/110361/.

Environment variables can provide parameters to both the XCTest test runner app on your device and the test host running xcodebuild. In Xcode Cloud, environment variables prefixed with TEST_RUNNER_ get passed into the XCTest test runner. This prefix will be stripped prior to the variable being made available to your code. So, for example, a variable in your test code named BASE_URL would be passed in as the environment variable named TEST_RUNNER_BASE_URL. Test plans require the same format as test code. Namely, we do not add the TEST_RUNNER_ prefix.

As of last week I'm now getting an error when I add "TEST_RUNNER_" in front of my environment variable in Xcode Cloud. Is this a bug on Apple's end or is there a way for me to fix this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jamesbotm Down vote post of jamesbotm

Replies

I am facing the same issue on my end, since last week. It was working before. Can't find any updates in the documentation