Need clarification for necessity of Privacy Manifest for Swift Packages

Hello everyone,

According toPrivacy manifest files | Apple Developer Documentation, the following targets require a privacy manifest:

Apps and third-party SDKs — distributed as XCFrameworks, Swift packages, or framework bundles — can contain a privacy manifest file, named PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy.

From this statement, I know "Swift packages" are included under "third-party SDKs". However I'm not clear what kind of "Swift packages" are considered as "third-party SDKs".

Referring to the answer, Digital signatures available for S… | Apple Developer Forums, it's mentioned that digital signatures is focused on binaries. From this, I understand that Privacy manifest is mandatory for Swift packages containing binaries.

However, I'm unclear about the necessity of the Privacy manifest in the following two scenarios, for example:

• Is a privacy manifest required for open-source Swift packages that only provide source code?
  • For local swift packages used within an app (like for modularization) that contain only source code, is a privacy manifest necessary?

If anyone is familiar with this, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Need clarification for necessity of Privacy Manifest for Swift Packages

Q