Some buttons not recognized by GCController from Xbox One controller in VisionOS project only

I was not sure if this deserved posting into Feedback Assistant as a bug, or if it's something I'm not configuring correctly. That's why I'm posting it here first.

After connecting an Xbox One wireless controller (the basic, black version) to the VisionOS simulator (beta 2), running a sample project I created to read the controller's input, I noticed that the following buttons do not seem to be recognized by it:

• Home button
  • Options button
  • Thumbstick left button
  • Thumbstick right button

All other input seems to work just fine. Am I missing something I need to configure, specific to VisionOS, to make these buttons generate input in the app?

Needless to say, the missing buttons are actually recognized in another sample app I created, this time for MacOS using SwiftUI, and with virtually the same code files.

The gist for the VisionOS app is here: https://gist.github.com/Izhido/6baa69fb72540b0f0bffa2f8c991c0ed

• Replace the contents of the template VisionOS project with the files in the gist.
  • Include GameController.framework in "Build Phases"-"Link Binary with Libraries".
  • Add "Supports Controller User Interaction", "Supported game controller types" with "ProfileName" = "ExtendedGamepad" in "Info" in the project.
  • Run the modified project in Xcode.
  • Ensure that the "I/O"-"Input"-"Send Game Controller to Device" option is turned on in the simulator.
  • Press the "Log game controller" button in the presented window.
  • Monitor the messages in the Console in Xcode as you press the buttons.

You will notice there is nothing logged for the buttons above mentioned, while all other inputs are correctly logged.

Also, if needed, the MacOS project that works correctly can be provided upon request.

Hi Izhido_XR

I checked the code and this is currently expected in the simulator. You should see equivalent behavior in iOS, iPadOS, or tvOS simulators. On real hardware, events for the buttons you listed will be sent to your app.

Please file a feedback issue against the Simulator, requesting Simulator support those buttons. Post the feedback ID here for reference.

Some buttons not recognized by GCController from Xbox One controller in VisionOS project only

Q