Using file:// scheme to access local files on SafariForWebKitDevelopment

I am currently utilizing local servers to facilitate interactions with local resources. However, I am exploring if there are solutions that would enable direct file access through the file:// protocol.

I cannot access the developer tools and feature flags. Specifically, the option "Show features for web developers" seems to be deactivated.

This is happening within the ASan WebKit build. I am running this using Tools/Scripts/run-safari. Any insights or potential solutions to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of 0x4248 Down vote post of 0x4248
  • This is just a guess, buy try building without ASan, configuring the features you want to set, rebuild with ASan, then verify the features are enabled.

Might also be faster to ask about this on WebKit's Slack channel: <https://webkit.org/getting-started/#staying-in-touch>

• Thank you for your response!

I'll proceed with your suggestion and then reach out for further guidance via Slack. However, the suggestion from Slack users previously was to utilize minibrowser. I'll be sure to seek their advice once more.

Thanks again!

Add a Comment